Museum of the history of internal Affairs of Poltava region began its activities in 1967 with the Museum room at the regional Department of internal Affairs. At that time it was one of the first museums of the Soviet Union police. September 23, 1989 on the occasion of the 46th anniversary of the liberation of Poltava from the Nazi invaders, this institution received a separate room-an old mansion, built in 1890, which now belongs to the architectural attractions of Poltava. Two years later he was awarded the title of people.
The exposition of the Museum is located in four halls with a total area of 198 m2. Its funds amount to nearly three thousand exhibits. These are archival documents, photos, original samples of firearms and edged weapons, personal belongings of veterans of the internal Affairs bodies, etc. The interior of the halls is characterized by original decoration and arrangement of materials, it contains masterfully made dioramas and artistic layouts.
Especially a lot of visitors in the Poltava Museum of history of internal Affairs on December 20, during the celebration of police Day. Recently, according to the Decree of the President of Ukraine, August 22 is the day of memory of employees of internal Affairs bodies who died in the performance of official duties. In Poltava, near the Museum, on the corner of Pushkina and Krasnoarmeiskaya, built memorial to the fallen defenders of Poltava region law and order. It consists of a working chapel, a sculptural image of the Archangel Michael and a Memory stele created in 1999 with architects. Shevchenko, N. Karyuk, A. Snezhkin and sculptor V. Belous. This is one of the most attractive and neat places of the regional center, which is willingly visited by residents and guests of Poltava.